Pricing for Motoring Offences
Below is a list of summary only motoring offences which are summary only and usually dealt with at a single hearing:
1. Driving over the speed limit
2. Driving without insurance
3. Driving whilst disqualified
4. Driving whilst over the limit of alcohol and/or drugs
5. Being in charge of a vehicle whilst over the limit of alcohol and/or drugs
6. Driving whilst using a hand held device
7. Driving without due care and attention
Failing to be in proper control of your vehicle
8. Failing to provide insurance details on request
9. Failing to stop after an accident
10. Failing to exchange details after an accident
11. Failing to provide driver details on request
For attendance at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court, dealt with in one hearing – we usually charge a fixed fee of £ 1200 plus VAT to £2400 plus VAT
Our fee includes:
1. 2 hours attendance/preparation:
1. considering evidence
2. Taking your instructions
3. Providing advice on likely sentence
The fee does not include:
1. Instruction of any expert witnesses or barrister
2. Taking statements from any witnesses
3. Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
4. Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
5. Disbursements (payments in addition to our fees, usually to third parties)
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
Preparation of your case will involve the following:
1. Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
2. We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
3. Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, of £500 plus VAT per witness).
4. We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
5. We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
6. We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
7. We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day].
8. We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
If your matter becomes more complex, or proceed to a Trial or additional hearing(s) are required we will charge you an additional fee and our hourly rate may be applicable. If this is necessary, we will provide you with a quote prior to commencing any work. Our current hourly rates range from £150 to £373 plus VAT.
Any materials provided by Law & Co Solicitors on this website are strictly for informational purposes only which does not, and cannot, constitute a legal advice. The use of this site does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Additionally, initiating a chat, email or other communication with our representatives through this site does not create solicitor/client relationship and information provided will not be considered confidential or privileged.
Guideline Hourly Rates:
Above rates are exclusive of VAT this is charged at 20% (if applicable)
Fee earner category and applicable rates (per hour):
Solicitor with over 8 years experience: £373
Partner, Solicitors and legal executives with over 4 years’ experience: £289
Solicitors with 3 years + experience: £260
Solicitors with less than 3 years experience: £230
Trainees and paralegal: £ 150
All fee earning members are subject to supervision
Our fees mentioned above are for one application only and does not include disbursements which may be incurred or become necessary. Furthermore, this does not include home office fees, IHS, court fees, application fees, third party fees and any other necessary expenses. In addition, if your matter proceeds further and becomes more complex then we may revise and increase our quote.